From 1963 - one of the earliest Teaching Departments to start in the Medical College, along with Phsiology and Biochemistry.
The vision of the anatomy department is to create a centre of excellence for teaching and research in anatomy, body donation services and genetic diagnosis and counselling. Our short term and long term goals are based on our objectives which are:
- To provide health science students with clinically relevant knowledge of the structure of the human body using interactive teaching and learning methods.
- To conduct high quality research in clinical anatomy, neuroanatomy, genetics and anatomy education.
- To provide cost effective genetic diagnostic and counselling services to patients with compassion and care.
- To provide efficient and effective embalming services.
- To motivate and counsel voluntary body donors.