The Department is robustly involved in research and conducts both intradepartmental, interdepartmental and interinstitutional research in clinical anatomy, neuroanatomy, anatomy education and genetics.
A large proportion of research projects are conducted by undergraduate students, postgraduate students and PhD scholars under the guidance of the faculty members of the department.
Specific areas of research include
- The effects of electro-convulsive shock on the amygdala and hippocampus - Dr. Smitha and Dr.Roopa Ravindranath.
- Neurosurgical anatomy of the cervical spine - Dr. Yogitha Ravindranath - Relation of Spinal cord and Spinal nerves to the cervical vertebra.
- Morphology of cerebellum - A neuro Histological Study - Suresh Kumar Parmar, Dr Roopa Ravindranath, Dr Yogitha Ravindranath
- Fascicular architecture of peripheral nerves - Dr Sujatha Narayan - Histological Study of cross section of perpheral nerves.
- Anatomical variations, anthropometry - Dr Nachiketh
- Active learning methods in anatomy - Dr Nachiketh
- E-Learning - Dr Balasubramanyam - Development of Teaching modules for social media based Anatomy Education.
- Histology staining techniques - Dr Anusha and Dr Yogitha Ravindranath
- Body donation - Dr. Balasubramanyam, Dr Stephen.