Course of Study
The College of Nursing conducts a General Nursing and Midwifery Course, of three years duration. The course is recognized by the Karnataka State Nursing Council and the Indian Nursing Council an has an intake of 100 studemts per year.
Click here to download Prospectus
At the end of three years of study, the student is expected to :
- Have the aptitude, knowledge and skill necessary for assessing nursing needs of the individuals throughout the life-cycle, families and communities.
- Apply relevant knowledge from biological and behavioural sciences in planning and carrying out safe nursing care activities.
- co-operate with other members of the health team in the hospital or in the community in prevention of disease, promotion of health, restoration of health and rehabilitation.
- impart health knowledge to individuals and groups through health education.
- Demonstrate skill in the use of problem solving methods in nursing practice.
- Demonstrate ability to supervise and guide auxiliary personnel who are part of the nursing team.
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to professional behaviour.
- Carry out the above in the true Christian spirit of service to fellowmen and be committed to the welfare of our country.
Duration of the Course
The course consists of 3 years.