Course of Study
Subject to the approval of the Indian Nursing Council, the first batch of Nurse Practitioner Course (Critical Care Residency programme) is likely to commence from April, 2017. This course is a 2 year programme which prepare nurses to function in Critical Care areas of tertiary care settings.
Click here to download Prospectus
On completion of the program, the NP will be able to:
- Assume responsibility and accountability to provide competent care to critically ill patients and appropriate family care in tertiary care centres.
- Demonstrate clinical competence / expertise in providing critical care which includes diagnostic reasoning, complex monitoring and therapies.
- Apply theoretical, patho-physiological and pharmacological principles and evidence base in implementing therapies / interventions in critical care..
- Identify the critical conditions using differential diagnosis and carry out treatment/interventions to stabilize and restore patient's health and minimize or manage complications independently or collaboratively as a part of critical care team.
- Collaborate with other health care professionals in the critical care.
Duration of the Course
The duration is of two years with the curriculum consisting of theory that includes core courses, advanced practice courses and clinical courses besides clinical practicum which is a major component.