Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing
This programme of study is for registered nurses holding certificates in General Nursing and Midwifery and leads to a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing of the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences with an intake of 60 seats. 23 The course of study is for a period of 2 years. The general educational courses of the first year provide a sound base upon which advanced nursing courses are built.
Click here to download Prospectus
For More info about Online Application, please Visit Admission Website
A graduate of the programme should
- interpret, demonstrate and administer high quality nursing care to people of all ages in homes, hospitals and other community agencies in urban and rural areas.
- Apply knowledge from the physical, biological, and behavioural sciences in assessing the health status of individuals, and make critical judgements in planning, directing and evaluating primary, acute and long term care given by themselves and others working with them.
- Investigate health care problems systematically.
- Work in collaboration with members of other allied disciplines towards attaining optimum health for all citizens of the society.
- Teach and counsel individuals, families and other groups about health and illness.
- Understand human behaviour, and establish effective interpersonal relationship with individuals, families and groups.
- Recognize the various forces affecting the community’s health and welfare programmes; participate in identifying, planning and carrying out community health programmes which meet the community’s expectation.
- Demonstrate teaching and administrative skills in the clinical nursing situation as well as in formal nursing education programmes.
- Assume responsibility forcontinued learning and for increasing competence in nursing practice.
- Uphold ethical and Gospel values in their personal and professional life.
Duration of the Course
The course of study is for a period of 2 years.