- College of Nursing, has its own research cell co- ordinated by Mrs. Mary Walton and Mrs. Violet Jacob. The research cell coordinates all research studies taken up by the college of nursing.
List of completed studies
- Effectiveness of high iron mix on hemoglobin status among adolescent girls.
- Lived in experience of health care personnel who had an accidental exposure to blood body fluids.
- Prevalence of Antenatal Depression among women attending Antenatal OPD, in SJMCH
- A prospective clinical audit to compare the effect of two peripheral intravenous catheter securement devices on the incidence of PIVC failure.
- A study to assess the stress and burn out of critical care nurses in a selected hospital, Bengaluru.
- A descriptive study to assess the perception of stigma of care givers of patient’s with psychiatric disorders in a selected hospital, Bengaluru.
- A study to assess the perceived significance and knowledge on rehabilitation among care givers of mentally ill clients.
- A randomized controlled trial to compare feed tolerance among preterm neonates with pre feed aspiration versus abdominal girth measurement.
- Effectiveness of nutritional guideline among cerebral palsy among children.
- A study to assess the knowledge regarding neonatal jaundice among postnatal mothers in view of preparing pamphlets.
- A study to assess the knowledge of staff nurses on discharge teaching for patients who underwent abdominal surgery with a view to develop a discharge teaching protocol.
- A study to assess the learning styles of students of st. johns college of nursing.