- Since its inception in 1980, St. John’s College of Nursing has remained steadfast to the central commitment to provide a balanced, comprehensive nursing education along with clinical skills.
- St. John's College of Nursing aims at turning out intellectually enlightened, morally upright, spiritually inspired, emotionally balanced and socially committed nurses.
- Situated in the main campus, close to the Medical College and Hospital, SJCON started as a School of Nursing, on July 1st 1980. It was raised to the status of College of Nursing on September 25, 1989.
- Nursing education and nursing services were integrated on July 1st 2013, headed by Chief of Nursing Services.
- Teaching faculty of CON, are involved in patient care, teaching hospital staff and in the administration of nursing services in the parent hospital. Senior nursing staff of the hospital are involved in student teaching and supervision of students.
- The college is headed by the principal Dr. Sr. Celcy Mary, who reports to Chief of Nursing Services. She is assisted by Prof. Reena Menon, the vice principal.
- The college with staff strength of 84 comprising of 70 teaching and 14 Non – teaching personnel, has 7 full fledged teaching departments dedicated to various fields in nursing.