Clinical Nutrition unit
The Clinical Nutrition unit of the division provides nutritional and lifestyle advice for the patients of St. John’s Medical College Hospital. The patients come to the clinic either by self-referral or as referred by other departments. A complete nutritional assessment is conducted on the patients, following which individualized dietary advice is provided. Dietary plan for specialized tube feeds and parenteral nutrition are also provided by the unit.
- Specialized Nutrition therapy for in patients & outpatients through the Nutrition and Lifestyle clinic.
- DXA services for patients
- Nutrient analysis
- Metabolomics and Genomics
- Stable Isotope Analysis for research
- Energy Metabolism
- Physical activity assessment
- Body composition assessment
Clinical Physiology Unit
- Clinical Autonomic Testing – Clinical Physiology Unit under Department of Physiology has been providing service to evaluate autonomic dysfunction. Battery of tests including the head up tilt and heart rate variability are performed. Patients are referred from various departments within institute and outside throughout the state.
- Skeletal Muscle Function evaluation – Department of Physiology provides service to evaluate skeletal muscle function using gold standard technique. Various groups of muscles can be evaluated for their strength and reported.