The M.Sc. Nursing Programme of two years duration leading to a Master’s Degree in Nursing by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences is designed to enable the graduates with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing to acquire greater knowledge and understanding in order to function efficiently and effectively as clinicians, educators and managers, and to assume professional leadership.
Click here to download the Admission Bulletin...
For More info about Online Application, please visit Admission Website
Under the overall aims and goals of the C.B.C.I. Society for Medical Education, the following are the main objectives of the course. At the completion of the course the Post Graduates are expected to have
- the ability to give quality care to patients in the clinical areas (both in general and specialised) based on comprehensive problem solving approach.
- The ability to function as effective educators and managers with the application of modern concepts and technology.
- Leadership abilities to initiate and bring about changes in all areas of nursing practice.
- The ability to critically evaluate and use the findings of research for better practices and to engage in research activities.
- Interesting continuing education and contribute to professional advancement.
- The ability to develop a collaborative relationship with organisations, agencies and individuals concerned with delivery of health care.
Duration of the Course
The course consists of 2 academic years.
- Medical Surgical Nursing -10 seats.
- Community Health Nursing - 6 seats.
- OBG Nursing - 6 Seats.
- Paediatric Nursing - 6 seats.
- Psychiatric Nursing -5 seats
Candidates may opt for any of these specializations. The final decision of granting the option lies with the College.