Services - Psychiatry
A. OUTPATIENT SERVICES
- Out – patient clinic functions from Monday to Saturday from 8:30am – 12:30 pm
- Unit I A – Monday and Thursday
- Unit I B – Tuesday and Friday
- Unit I C – Wednesday and Saturday
- All the faculty members of the unit will be available in the clinic on OP days.
- Assessment and diagnosis of all mental illnesses
- Management of acute and chronic mental illnesses
- Pharmacotherapy for all mental illnesses
- Psychosocial therapy administered by the treating psychiatrist / the Clinical Psychologist / PSW team member
B. INPATIENT SERVICES
- Admission and management of all mental illnesses
- Psychiatry emergency services.
- 24 hours on call duty psychiatrist is available to handle psychiatric emergencies either at emergency department or in any ward of the hospital
- If no inpatient beds are available, and the required services not provided by us those patients will be referred to other centers.
C. CONSULATTION LIAISON PSYCHIATRY SERVICES
D. EMERGENCY SERVICES
- The psychiatry duty doctors attend emergency calls from any of the other departments or from the emergency department.
- The time frame for attending the call would be immediate (Within 10 – 15) as far as possible.
- If the duty doctor is already attending a call, the doctor shall answer the emergency call over the phone and explain the time for required to be there in person.
- Duty doctor will issue no orders over the phone, prior to seeing the patient.
- All emergency calls will be discussed with the 2nd on call consultant before management is planned
- All the patients who are seen on an emergency basis will be seen by the consultant the next working day, and subsequent follow up / review procedure will be documented in the chart.