Qualification: GNM / B. Sc / Post B. Sc and Professional Registration
Experience: Freshers or Experienced
Due Date: 24 September 2020
- Interact with patients and listen to their needs.
- Assess the assigned patients and plan the care, keeping in mind all the needs of the patients.
- Respect the patient and be empathetic and polite always.
- Apply scientific principles while giving patient care and provide safety and comfort using available resources.
- Include the family and significant others in the care of the patient.
- Visit and talk to the patient often to offer the required care as and when needed.
- Report the observations and symptoms of the patient to the doctor.
- Carry out doctor’s instructions concerning patient’s treatment.
- Recognize the legal implications in nursing practice.
- Act as liaison between patient, family and health care Team.
- Offer Quality Nursing Care always in collaboration with health care team.
- Maintain competence by keeping knowledge up-to-date.
- Ensure a quiet and therapeutic environment
- Think and act promptly in emergency situations.
- Collect samples for investigations and prepare the patient for different investigations and send them to the respective department in time accompanied by staff.
- Collect the investigation reports: X-ray, CT, ECHO and Angiogram, Ultra sonogram etc.
- Prepare and send the chart for billing.
- Ensure that the credit patient medicines are collected from pharmacy.
- See that patient’s records are complete and accurate before sending it for billing.
- Maintain appropriate patient care records – sending to MRD for filing.
- Handing over of the patient to next shift staff at the bedside.
- Periodically inform the patient about the progress of patient investigation report, billing status etc.
- Provide appropriate health teaching to the assigned patients and relatives.
- Attend the Doctors Rounds, Nurses Rounds and carry out the written orders promptly.
- Prepare the patient for spiritual needs and see that spiritual needs are met through Pastoral Team.
- Assess the economic background of the patient and if deserving direct them to MSW for financial help if needed.
- Communicate to Ward In charges/Tutors and DNS matters related to patient care, Treatment, etc.
- Evaluate her own performance in relation to patient care
- Administration and Supervision:
- Ensure clean environment in the entire ward.
- Assist the ward in charge to maintain ward supplies and equipments.
- Check the daily inventory assigned to her (linen, medical equipments).
- Inform the ward sister about the damaged equipment and articles and see that the equipments are returned to the ward after repair.
- Strictly follow the HICC Protocols and other Instructions.
- Maintain the Registers meant for different activities.
- Co-operate and collaborate with other members in the health care team to maintain high standard of patient care.
- Act as a liaison between ward in charge and students, ward clerk, Hospital Aides etc.
- Deal appropriately in any adverse situation and report to the ward in charge.
- Learn the rules and regulations regarding medico-legal cases and handle the situation appropriately.
- Maintain good communication with all team members.
- Take care for the economic use of consumables, electricity, water etc.
- Supervise the patient diets. (Ordering the hospital diet, make sure the patient receives it).
- Keep up the professional dignity of the nurse.
- Supervise the non-professional staff in maintaining cleanliness of the ward.
- Maintain the census by checking expiry dates of ward stock of medicine.
- Carry out the responsibility entrusted by the ward in charge.
- Take effort for proper waste management.
- Make sure that attenders are restricted in your assigned areas with the help of Security staff.
- Encourage the patient to clear the bill in time.
- Guide and direct the attenders in maintaining cleanliness and proper waste management.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: Medical / Healthcare / Hospital
Functional Area: Nursing Service
Role Category: Staff Nurse
Role: Nursing Care
Employment Type: Full Time
Language: English is must
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Education: GNM / B. Sc Nursing / PB B. Sc Nursing
C.B.C.I Society for Medical Education (St. Johns Medical College & Hospital)
Established in 1963 by the Catholic Bishops' Conference of India, St. John's National Academy of Health Sciences consists of a Medical College, counted as one of the best in the nation, a state of the art Hospital with 1350 beds.
To Apply: E-mail cover letter, CV and the names & contact details of referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit our website www.stjohns.in